The council recognises that there is a balance between providing quality services and ensuring that the foundation for everything that is undertaken is based on sound finances. In particular there is recognition that wherever possible any increase in the precept should reflect general increases in the cost of living.
Our External Audit for 15/16 has been completed and you can review the documents here.
Our underlying principles in managing our finances over the next 4 years will be:
1. Unallocated reserves of between 10 –15% of expenditure will be maintained to cover any unforeseen/unexpected costs
2. To ensure that expenditure on street lights is reduced via the street light upgrade project and subequent hand over to Hampshire County Council.
3. To ensure that our objectives to enhance our facilities are met 15% of our budget will be allocated to enhancing facilities including capital expenditure
4. To ensure that any services taken on or developed will have a cost neutral impact on the budget unless the Town Council decides to employ a higher standard of service.
5. The Town Council will investigate alternative sources of fundraising.
The current Members annual allowance is £541.80, which is paid monthly, through the Town Council's payroll system and is subject to tax.
The following Councillors currently claim the allowance:
Cllr Gerry Crisp
Cllr Shawn Dickens
Cllr Bob Harward
Cllr David Murr
Cllr Tony Spencer